Hair Tips and Advice for the Discerning Beauty Professional
By Giulia Heiman, About.com Guide
A really good haircut is truly a fine skill. Perfect your craft and keep clients coming back for more with these expert tips on the art of cutting hair.
- What are Short Layers?
- What are Long Layers?
- Bone Structure 101
- Biotin for Hair Growth
- Curly Hair Cutting and Styling Tips
- Short Hairstyle Inspirations for You and Your Clients
- The Hottest Hair Trends Your Clients Will be Asking For
- Tips on Cutting Fine Hair
- How to Cut a Precision Bob
- Buying the Right Pair of Shears
Take the hair color world by storm with these endless tips on hair coloring. From balayage to ammonia free hair color, you'll get expert tips and tutorials about all things relating to professional hair color.
- INOA Hair Color by L'oreal Professional
- What is Ombre Hair Color?
- Hair Color Ideas and Formulas
- What is Balayage?
- What is High Lift Tint?
- Breaking the Base - Definition
- What Makes Color Semi-Permanent?
- Red Hair Color Ideas
- Brown Hair Color Ideas
- Blonde Hair Color Formulas
- Hair Color Formulas - Texas Collection
- 10 Steps to Perfect Hair Color
- Ombre Hair Coloring Tips
- Fall Hair Color Formulas
Here you'll find styling tricks from the pros, and learn all about which products to use to achieve them.
- Best Summer Hair Products
- Benefits and Differences of Boar Bristle and Synthetic Round Brushes
- Top Professional Hair Sprays
- Curling Rod - The Tool You Need Now
- Which Hair Brush is Right for You and Your Clients?
- What is Dry Shampoo?
- Major Trend Alert From the Met Gala 2011
- Best Dry Shampoos
- Bridal Hair - Celebrity Edition
- All About Hair Extensions
- Best Hair Cutting and Styling Books
- Holiday Hair Styles How-To
- The History of Hair Spray
- Review: All Soft Argan Oil
Chemical Hair Treatments
With so many chemical hair treatments coming onto the market, it can be hard to make sense of all the options. Learn how to execute these services and find out how to easily boost your sales with chemical hair treatments.
Marketing and Education
This section covers everything from technical theory to upcoming trade shows and events.
- How to Break into the Beauty Industry
- What to Expect from Your Salon Apprenticeship
- How to Build Your Salon Website
- How to Up Sell